Thursday, April 28, 2011

Q&A: What can I do about my divorce if I was deployed when it happened?

Question by Dave: What can I do about my divorce if I was deployed when it transpired?
in 2008, my ex-wife divorced me whilst I was abroad in Iraq. She ran off with our neighbor. When I arrived again, she had taken every little thing out of our apartment and left it completely trashed. She bought a ring from Kay Jeweler's (I did get our marriage ceremony bands there) and now I have to spend them $ 2800 on best of my marriage ceremony bands so its about $ 3800. I could not find the money for an attorney at the time due to the fact she had forced drawn the whole cost savings and I necessary to pay out my payments asap because she had stopped having to pay them. I was almost evicted out of my apartment and my credit score score has been horrible considering that. I know I probably can not do something now that so significantly time has gone by..ought to I just accept my losses, move on, and be the finest guy I can be or should I be a guy and get her to court? I'm just curious what anyone else would do in my footwear if this took place to them.
I'm out of the military now. She purchased the ring on the internet with my Kay Jeweler's Credit Card and they delivered it to the apartment address. I did speak to a investigator when I obtained again and they told me that due to the fact we we're married when she bought it, it counts as...I neglect the terminology but its...communal property, i consider?! Also, even with the Soldiers and Sailors Act, their is still a way to get about that as she had obviously proven.
Many thanks every person for your tips. I will look into obtaining an lawyer and seeing what I can do! :D


Greatest answer:

Remedy by loz076
If you can afford it, maybe look at finding some legal advice. You shouldn't have to pay for every little thing.



Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment