Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My ring is fake, but...?

Query by Danielle P: My ring is fake, but...?
My fiance proposed in November of 2008 and then gave me a ring for Christmas and I didn't know where he acquired it simply because it was in an unmarked ring box.
I wore it immediately and a single day I was examining it and I observed this small inscription inside the band: CZ
Well, I know that CZ means Cubic Zurconia (fake diamond) and at first I didn't want to believe that it due to the fact it type of harm my feelings.
Then a single day, I observed the ring at Walmart and I even found it on the internet and it was only 70 bucks.
When I identified that out, I was genuinely mad and really unfortunate since I believed, "geez, he does not even love me plenty of to get me a true diamond ring?" and I assumed "Does he not think I am really worth it?"
But then, I thought about it on the other aspect, like, he doesn't have a lot of money proper now and we had even mentioned prior to giving me the ring that, although he couldn't manage a massive ring, he'd get me a really wonderful 1 for my marriage ceremony...
I believed, "this is just as fairly as a actual diamond and I'd rather him devote the funds elsewhere (bills, vacations for us. ect) than on a huge hunk of jewelry".
I confronted him about it one day about how I saw it on Walmart.com and advised him that I'd noticed the specific ring and cost. He appeared variety of...I really don't know, a minor embarassed a little defensive...but we the two agreed that he would replace it someday.
Absolutely everyone and I imply Everyone has gushed about my ring and instructed me how fairly it is. With the exception of my mother..
She observed proper away and stated that she believed it was fake and I didn't want to acknowledge it so I sort of played dumb.
She mentioned that it's not shiny plenty of or hefty adequate to be true and nearly took me to get it appraised!!!
She can make me sense ashamed for my fiance and makes me really feel stupid for wearing it. She explained "Geez, I hope you're not displaying that off and telling individuals that it's an engagement ring."
I don't know how to feel about this...
I'm not genuinely hunting for a straightforward remedy, far more like, other people's ideas and emotions on this make any difference.
Need to I just accept this ring as his symbol for his enjoy, have confidence in and honor in the direction of me in hopes that I get a true quite one particular someday?
Or ought to I be disgusted, embarassed, ashamed ect ect?


Finest reply:

Reply by <3 ganja green
i know what you mean, identical issue happened to me.. that stupid little CZ .. lol but the ring is more of a symbol of his love and your commitments to each and every other, its not about how shiny or how considerably it cost.. you cant hardly notify the real ones from fakes anyway so why does it make any difference?



Know much better? Leave your personal reply in the responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment