Friday, April 29, 2011

Changing a diamond setting?

Question by Mrs. Grotts: Shifting a diamond setting?
I had a couple of diamonds from my mother's earlier wedding bands and I was pondering whether or not or not I ought to transform their settings and whom I need to go to.

I was considering of going to a spot like Kay Jeweler's to choose out a setting for my mother's ring she had when she was married to my father. The setting on it is a little high and when my father got it for her, it was all he could find the money for and combined with the wedding band, looks low-cost and it doesn't match.
Also, my mother was married to my preceding step-father and that ring was absolutely unsightly. It fairly considerably looked like a gold band with three diamonds sticking up and looked bent around the settings, like they didn't know how to do it right. I need to get it looked at simply because they may not even be actual. Nonetheless, if they are, I would appreciate to merge them into a single ring or some type of jewelry.

I do sense bad that I want to alter the setting on my mom's 1st ring (it also doesn't fit), specifically considering that my dad got it for her. Possibly I could usually get one more setting that seems to be exactly like it and use in on my other ring finger.
I actually want to use the diamonds for a thing else, but I actually do not want to compromise my mother's ring from my dad. I could often request her what she thinks.
I previously have my very own engagement ring and wedding ceremony band, so I don't will need to use the diamonds for that.
The ring that my preceding stage-dad gave my mother is hideous and definitely wants to be taken apart. My mother also mentioned herself that she hated that thing!
Most of you who have posted haven't even taken into account that my mother had TWO earlier marriages, so that means TWO rings. I think I am heading to preserve my mother's ring (maybe get a equivalent setting) from my father and re-set my mother's ring from my ex-stage-father.
By the way, they ended up both provided to me. My mother gave me her wedding ceremony ring to my phase-dad and my father gave me the wedding ceremony ring she had when she was married to him...so they're mine by proper.


Best remedy:

Remedy by Green Eyes
You will need to make positive that you are a hundred% at ease with making the transform. If you're not certain, then I'd maintain off.

That currently being stated, I feel it's a wonderful concept to use her diamonds for a thing you can put on and cherish. My cousin used her grandmother's diamonds to make her personal (new) engagement ring. It turned out beautifully.

***EDIT***
I feel it is a great thought to inquire your mother what she thinks. She could adore the concept or she may detest it. Both way you'd have peace of thoughts when you make your decision.



What do you consider? Solution under!

No comments:

Post a Comment