Friday, April 29, 2011

Is rhodium-plated white gold toxic?

Query by asdfasdfman: Is rhodium-plated white gold poisonous?
Hi,
I bought my spouse a white gold wedding band w/ small diamonds from Kay Jewelers (I'm upset w/ myself due to the fact I was getting low cost). With our two-12 months anniversary coming up, I am thinking I need to get her a platinum ring due to the fact I'm anxious that the rhodium on and the nickel in the white gold ring (which is turning brownish...) are poisonous to her. The money's not an problem, simply because it's my wife's well being. Would switching to platinum (which is her engagement ring metal) be any greater?

Thank you! I appreciate your assist for my wifey :-)


Finest answer:

Answer by Timothy
Go with gold - it is devoid of a doubt the minimum toxic. In addition, rhodium and platinum are far as well useful and valuable in industrial catalysts to be used in jewelry. Gold is the most resistant to oxidation (tarnishing) too.



Include your individual answer in the remarks!

No comments:

Post a Comment